The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences® (OEIS®) Wiki
This is the Wiki part of the OEIS
- Many pages of information about the OEIS--everything except the sequences themselves.
- Important: The main OEIS lookup page is https://oeis.org. Use that page for looking up a sequence, searching the database, contributing new sequences, editing sequences, etc.
- Welcome to OEIS
- Index to OEIS; subsidiary indexes: constants (very large), fractions, recurrences (very large), triangles
- Works Citing OEIS. Quotations about the OEIS
- Register (so you can submit sequences or suggest changes).
- Pictures from the OEIS: The (Free) OEIS Store
- Trouble registering, logging in, changing password or email address, remembering name, changing name
- Error messages: Unexpected error while authenticating, Server broke handling request, Proxy error, etc.
- Why am I limited to 3 submissions
- Why are my submissions taking so long to be accepted
- "War and Peace" submissions
- Style Sheet for contributors
- Questions and Answers
- How to add a comment, more terms, or a b-file (short version)
- AVOID INTERFERING EDITS
- How to reference the OEIS or a particular entry
- What if I have an idea for new sequences
- Overview of the contribution process
- FAQ for OEIS; OEIS Help Page Have a question about the OEIS? Enter it here!
- Instructions for General Users, Associate Editors, and Editors-in-Chief
- JSON Format
- Compressed Versions of the Database and how to download everything
- Editorial Board
- Registered Users
- How replies to a query are ranked
- Recent additions to OEIS (sequences with keyword "new")
- Awards and press clippings
- Suggested Projects
- Deleted sequences
- About the OEIS banner
- More Pages
- OEIS Log (server esoterica)
- Videos about OEIS by Neil Sloane: Numberphile videos on YouTube with Brady Haran, 2018-present:
- Planing Sequences (Le Rabot); A Sequence with a Mistake; Eureka Sequences; The Levine Sequence
- The Brussels Choice; Dungeon Numbers; (extra); Podcast: The Number Collector
- Amazing Graphs (I); (II); (III); Don't Know (the Van Eck Sequence); Peaceable Queens
- How many ways can circles overlap?; The Trapped Knight; Terrific Toothpick Patterns
- What Number Comes Next?; Primes on the Moon (Lunar Arithmetic)
- Other talks about OEIS by Neil Sloane:
- Exciting Number Sequences, Rutgers Day, 2021; Richard Guy and the OEIS: A Fifty-Year Friendship, Calgary 2021
- Conant's Gasket, etc., Rutgers Experimental Math Seminar, 2020; Art and Sequences, Rutgers 2020
- Old and New Problems from 55 Years of the OEIS, slides, Rutgers EM Seminar, 2019; Coordination Sequences, Planing Numbers, etc., Part 1, 2, Slides, Rutgers EM Seminar, 2019
- Three (No, 8) Lovely Problems from the OEIS, Part 1, 2, Slides, Rutgers EM Seminar, 2017; Confessions of a Sequence Addict, AofA 2017, Princeton; Winter Fruits: New Problems ..., Part 1, 2, Slides, Rutgers EM Seminar 2017
- The OEIS, Mathematical Discovery, and Insomnia, London Ontario, 2016; Open Problems in the OEIS, Rutgers, 2016
- Unsolved Number Theory Sequences from Alekseyev, Meiburg, Resta, van der Poorten, and Pablo Picasso, Part 1, 2, Rutgers EM Seminar, 2015; The Online Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences, Good Ideas in Teaching Precalculus, Rutgers 2015; On the No. of ON Cells in Cellular Automata, Part 1, 2, Rutgers EM Seminar, 2015; Interview by Marc Chamberland, JMM 2015
- The OEIS Today: The Major Problems, DIMACS Conference to celebrate the 50th birthday of the OEIS, reaching 250,000 sequences, and Neil Sloane's 75th birthday, 2014; Error-Correcting Codes, Group Theory, and Invariant Theory, 1, 2, Rutgers 2014
- 2178 And All That, Part 1, 2, Rutgers EM Seminar, 2013; On Curling Numbers ..., Toronto, 2013; The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences: The First 100 Years, Part 1, 2, Rutgers EM Seminar, 2013
- The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences, Rutgers University, Feb. 2012.
- Sequence Fans Mailing List
- OEIS software issue tracker
- Concordances to Sequences in Classic Books
- OEIS: The MOVIE
- Alexa, ask OEIS for the digits of pi
- Policy concerning pages on the OEIS Wiki
- Good Behavior Guide For Contributors and Editors
- Complaints About Editing
- Examples of what not to submit
- Integer Sequences K-12 Conference, 2015; Talks at OEIS 50 Workshop, 2014; Suggestions from OEIS 50 Workshop; The 2004 OEIS 100K E-Party
- John Riordan Prize of $1000 for the best solution to an open problem in the OEIS in 2015.
The OEIS is owned, maintained and supported by The OEIS Foundation Inc. - please give generously!