User:Charles R Greathouse IV
Editor-in-Chief, interested primarily in computational number theory and allied fields.
I can be contacted via my Talk page here, or by email.
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Averages||Early draft of an article.|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Chase sequences||'Chase sequences': Axxxxxx refers to Ayyyyyy, which refers to Azzzzzz...|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Favorites||Some of my favorite sequences.|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Format||Discusses the correct format of b-files and how to repair ill-formatted b-files.|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Junk||Disreputable publishers, journals, etc.|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Keywords||Information on keywords: when to use them, new ones to add, etc.|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Metadata||Plans for OEIS metadata: keywords, categories, the index, etc.|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Pari||Some PARI/GP tools.|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Programs||Programs in the OEIS: types, format, etc.|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Projects||Other mathematical databases, fingerprint databases, and similar projects|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Properties||Sequence properties and classes|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Rule of thumb||Sequences should take 1 hour to prepare for submission.|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Standards||How to write up certain kinds of sequences.|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Tables of special primes||Types of primes and their densities|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/To do||Sequences to work on and b-files to fix.|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Vanity||Sequences named after their discoverer.|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Wiki||Tools for the OEIS wiki.|
- Features Wishlist, User:Russ Cox/OEIS Server Features, Suggested Projects
- Deleted sequences (most recent month)
- Suggested pre-submit checklist
- Requested articles
- Editing history: sequence, wiki
- References on proof attempts: P vs. NP, Riemann hypothesis
- Resources: TME-EMT
|Sequence of the Day|
A188859: Decimal expansion of 2 − log 4.
|n mod m|
|0 ≤ n mod m < m|
Sequences in the News
- Aug 17 2021 Swiss scientists announce they have calculated π (A000796) to 62.8 trillion digits in only 108 days.
- Dec 25 2018 German Heise-News "integers, please" column explains A003173 and OEIS.
- Feb 01 2018 Alphabet announced a $8,589,869,056 = $A000396(6) stock buyback.
- Jan 03 2018 Largest known term of A000043 announced: 77232917.
- Nov 18 2016 PrimeGrid proves that 10223 is not a Sierpinski number, since 10223 × 2 31172165 + 1 is prime. So no changes to A076336 for now.
- Sep 14 2016 Tom Greer discovers the twin primes 2996863034895 × 2 1290000 ± 1 using PrimeGrid, TwinGen and LLR.
- Jan 19 2016 Largest known term of A000043 announced: 74207281, also discovered by Curtis Cooper.
I strive to live up to the highest ethical standards. If you feel that I have wrongly rejected one of your sequences (or otherwise failed to meet the expected standards), please leave a note at Complaints About Editing where it will be reviewed. I hope that in all cases you will first contact me (through the pink comment boxes, on my user page, or by email).