This site is supported by donations to The OEIS Foundation.
User:Charles R Greathouse IV
Vice President of the OEIS and Editor-in-Chief, interested primarily in computational number theory and allied fields.
I can be contacted via my Talk page here, or by email: my first name (charles) at my initials (crg4) dot com. Other email addresses may work as well.
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Averages||Early draft of an article.|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Chase sequences||'Chase sequences': Axxxxxx refers to Ayyyyyy, which refers to Azzzzzz...|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Favorites||Some of my favorite sequences.|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Format||Discusses the correct format of b-files and how to repair ill-formatted b-files.|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Junk||Disreputable publishers, journals, etc.|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Keywords||Information on keywords: when to use them, new ones to add, etc.|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Metadata||Plans for OEIS metadata: keywords, categories, the index, etc.|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Pari||Some PARI/GP tools.|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Programs||Programs in the OEIS: types, format, etc.|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Projects||Other mathematical databases, fingerprint databases, and similar projects|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Properties||Sequence properties and classes|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Rule of thumb||Sequences should take 1 hour to prepare for submission.|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Tables of special primes||Types of primes and their densities|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/To do||Sequences to work on and b-files to fix.|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Vanity||Sequences named after their discoverer.|
|User:Charles R Greathouse IV/Wiki||Tools for the OEIS wiki.|
- Features Wishlist, User:Russ Cox/OEIS Server Features, Suggested Projects
- Deleted sequences
- Suggested pre-submit checklist
- Requested articles
- Editing history: sequence, wiki
- References on proof attempts: P vs. NP, Riemann hypothesis
|1 + |
Sequences in the News
- November 18, 2016 PrimeGrid proves that 10223 is not a Sierpinski number, since 10223 × 2 31172165 + 1 is prime. So no changes to A076336 for now.
- September 14, 2016 Tom Greer discovers the twin primes 2996863034895 × 2 1290000 ± 1 using PrimeGrid, TwinGen and LLR.
- January 19, 2016 Largest known term of A000043 announced: 274207281, also discovered by Curtis Cooper.
- March 2, 2014 Fredrik Johansson announces a computation of the partition number , the largest known term of A000041.
- December 6, 2013 Microsoft launches a challenge to find large non-Mersenne primes, A138837.
- May 13, 2013 H. A. Helfgott submits a proof of the weak Goldbach conjecture, i.e. for odd numbers as sums of three primes: A007963 has no more zeroes.
- January 25, 2013 Curtis Cooper discovers a new member of A000043, 57885161. Its index is not known but is at least 48.
- January 13, 2013 The winners of the contest for new sequences in the OEIS at JMM 2013 were announced: A187824, A187771, and A187761.
I strive to live up to the highest ethical standards. If you feel that I have wrongly rejected one of your sequences (or otherwise failed to meet the expected standards), please leave a note at Complaints About Editing where it will be reviewed. I hope that in all cases you will first contact me (through the pink comment boxes, on my user page, or by email).