Template:Sequence of the Day/doc
Guidelines for selecting the Sequence of the Day
- These are not rules. But if they were rules, they would only be enforced by the honor system.
- Whenever practical, the Sequence of the Day should bear some relation either to the calendar date (hint: browse arXiv e-prints by date) or to some recent newsworthy event.
- The write-up should be brief and not require advanced mathematical knowledge to understand.
- Positive preference given to sequences with keyword:nice.
- No special preference for sequences with keyword:core.
- Negative preference for sequences with keyword:uned or keyword:less. However, it is perfectly acceptable to polish up an uned sequence just prior to featuring.
- Each OEIS contributor should get at least one opportunity to choose the Sequence of the Day.
- The chooser ought not choose a sequence they have authored. But one they have edited heavily is perfectly acceptable.
- Ideally this will be changed each day at 0:00 per the OEIS Wiki clock. Each Sequence of the Day should be up for at least 22 hours but not more than 26 hours.
- There shouldn't be a big, heavy, bureaucratic apparatus to administer this feature.