Why am I limited to 3 submissions
- If you are restricted to three submissions at a time, this is because your submissions usually require editing, and we are very short of editors.
- Remember that all the editing is done by volunteers. We have no paid staff, and we are swamped with submissions.
- Reasons your submissions needed editing include:
- Unclear definition (imprecise thinking)
- Poor English
- Sequence was not of general interest or was not appropriate for the OEIS
- Errors in sequence
- Badly formatted submission, or not formatted in the OEIS style (see Style Sheet on OEIS Wiki)
- Links or references not in correct order
- Sequence was already in OEIS
- When you give a formula or a comment, please be sure to say whether it is a conjecture (or empirical observation) or a theorem that you can prove
- Don't argue with the editors!
- It is strongly recommended that you look at the changes that the editors make, and learn from what they do. It is a very bad idea to repeatedly make the same errors.
- People who submit perfectly formatted submissions do not have a limit of 3.
- We don't like having to impose limits, and we would much rather your submissions were perfect!